(You can follow these instructions right now, using this browser window to copy and paste the instruction part into a notepad document, or print this page for later use).
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR A COMPUTER. Also see instructions for WEB TV
* To COPY AND PASTE place your pointer at the very beginning of what you want to copy. Notice that the arrow turns into a "cursor" when it is pointed at text.
* Hold down the LEFT mouse button and drag the mouse to the end of what you want to copy, then TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF OF THE BUTTON. DO NOT CLICK AGAIN. You will notice that you now have an area which is "highlighted".
* Go to the very top of your browser screen and left click on "edit", then left click on "copy" from the drop down menu.
(The other way to do this is to release the left mouse button after you have highlighted the area, then right click it, making sure you hold the mouse perfectly still. This also generates a little box where you can left click on "copy", but is pretty confusing for beginners. There are also keyboard shortcuts to do this for more advanced users.)
* Then place your cursor at the point where you want to paste by placing your pointer and left clicking once (it may be a different document, such as an e mail or Word document or notepad document you have generated).
* When you have your cursor placed at the spot you want to put the highlighted section, go back to the "edit" button and from the drop down box click on "paste". The highlighted text will be placed in the new spot.
That's all there is to it!