1. All artwork must be YOURS. NO ARTWORK obtained from image searches on the web, calendar pages, books or any other source that might be copyrighted will be accepted. Preference will be given to artwork on your ecard submissions that does NOT contain pictures or renditions of human beings. We are looking for ecards that people of all colors, nationalities, cultures and religions will be comfortable sending to others. Therefore, preference will be given to ecard designs that feature animals, scenery, plants, statues, etc.
2. Ecards designs which are intended for specific religious holidays WILL be considered for inclusion on this web site. These cards can include renditions of human beings which are appropriate to the occasion. Example: African-Americans depicted on a Kwanzaa greeting card.
3. All finished artwork must be no smaller than 600 pixels wide and no wider than 800 pixles wide. If for some reason your card design is accepted and is not within these sizes, we will resize it.
4. YOU MUST DOCUMENT the artwork you submit. If it is your original drawing or a photo of an original picture you have created, you must state that fact. If the artwork is obtained from a free, public domain web site such as SXC photo sharing you must state that fact plus give the number of the item and the creator's name so that person can also be given a credit line on the card page. If the artwork comes from a source that you have a paid license to use, such as MS Office, you must state that fact.
5. You may submit a card with animations, flash movie, or plain unanimated artwork, but the finished product must be able to load into the viewer's computer in a reasonable amount of time.
6. You may make your own original flash movies in greeting cards style, in which case you need to send the flash file as an attachment to your email submission. Flash files must be of a size that will download to the viewer's computer in a reasonable amount of time. No flash movies which take several minutes to download can be accepted.
7. Your card design can be in web page format similar to this Example of web page style card OR in "postcard" format, such as the following: Example of post card style ecard. Since part of a greeting card is a message in words, please make sure your card design is complete with your message included.
8. We may add borders and/or music to your card design if it is accepted for use on this web site.
9. NO ADULT THEMES will be accepted. Do not waste your time or ours submitting card designs that are insulting or offensive to this family friendly web site.
10. Cards submitted can be in any category that currently exists on the web site, such as friendship, birthdays, family, love, holidays, etc. New categories will be considered if appropriate to this site.
11. WHEN SUBMITTING AN ECARD DESIGN TO HAPPY DAY CARDS YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING STIPULATIONS:
You, the ecard designer, give Happy Day Cards exclusive rights to use your original greeting card design on the Happy Day Cards web site, to be incorporated into a greeting card web page. You understand and agree that IF this greeting card design is accepted for use, it will become the property of Happy Day Cards and will be part of the Happy Day Cards copyrighted web site. If accepted, your ecard design will be offered as part of the Happy Day Cards web site on line. You will not receive any financial remuneration for your attached greeting card design. You understand that if this greeting card design is accepted for use on the site, there will be a credit line on that individual web page listing your name as the card designer, and that this credit line may contain a link to your web site or blog.
12. You agree to document the source of the artwork on your ecard design, stipulating the source of the artwork and of the verse used on the card.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN HELPING HAPPY DAY CARDS GROW -- WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU AND TO SEEING YOURCREATIVE DESIGNS FOR NEW CARDS FOR THIS WEB SITE!!!